FMG has an exciting new opportunity for a seasoned Senior Regulation Specialist to join our Compliance, Risk Quality & Legal team.
Based out of our Wellington office, and reporting to the Head of Compliance, Risk Quality & General Counsel, this role is responsible for engaging with Government officials and Industry bodies and providing high quality regulatory advice and (where appropriate) be responsible for working with the wider business in relation to the development, implementation and on-going monitoring of these processes.
Alongside this, the Senior Regulation Specialist will support the Head of Compliance, Risk Quality & General Counsel in relation to Company Secretary obligations and Governance.
Since 1905, FMG has had its roots firmly planted in rural New Zealand, which is why you will find that we are different when it comes to Insurance. Now over 100 years later, we are still 100% New Zealand owned and the country’s leading rural insurance specialist. As a mutual we invest profits back into the business to keep our premiums competitive and continue to provide outstanding service for clients. As an employer, we invest in our people to foster a working environment that promotes achievement and celebrates success.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who –
- Has a Relevant Tertiary Qualification (Bachelor of Law is preferable, but not mandatory);
- A minimum of 5 years’ regulatory experience, preferably in Financial Services;
- Understands legislative and regulatory matters and has a clear ability to engage with Government officials;
- Has the ability to work autonomously, alongside building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of both internal & external stakeholders and
- Possesses superior analytical and communication skills (both verbal and written).
FMG is an exciting place to work and continues to experience steady growth – working for FMG means you will be part of a culture like no other!
Applications close – 5pm, Sunday 31st January 2021.
Please note: no agency candidates will be accepted at this time.