As part of a series of changes within our Business Information Services Team, we have an exciting opportunity, based in our Palmerston North office and reporting to the Manager Integration & Automation for an Integration Engineer.
Since 1905, FMG has had its roots firmly planted in rural New Zealand, which is why you will find that we are different when it comes to Insurance. Now over 100 years later, we are still 100% New Zealand owned and the country’s leading rural insurance specialist. As a mutual we invest profits back into the business to keep our premiums competitive and continue to provide outstanding service for clients. As an employer, we invest in our people to foster a working environment that promotes achievement and celebrates success.
As an Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for providing senior development expertise in support and development of FMG’s existing applications integration platform, as well as delivering enhanced or new solutions that cater for FMG’s core business needs. You will be responsible for helping develop and support our enterprise application integration strategy.
We are seeking an experienced Application Integration Engineer for development, implementation and support of our application integration platform. You will have extensive experience of moving from a point to point integration architecture to an API driven Microservices approach that enables decoupling the integration platform from the enterprise technology; along with being able to show clear examples of how you’ve enabled monitoring and alerting to enable ease of diagnostics and maintenance and previous experience of working in a regulated industry with clear priorities for data protection, fraud protection, enterprise security and financial regulation compliance.
Additionally, you will have extensive experience and a preference for working in an Agile organization with clear experience of implementing test and deployment automation pipeline growing and promoting a DevOps culture and will be comfortable working in hybrid on-premise / multi-cloud enterprise environments.
To be successful in this role -
- Knowledge of the following is required:
- Languages - Java, C#
- Common transfer formats – SOAP, JSON
- API and API Management Design
- Cloud (Azure, AWS, Google)
- API Management Tooling (Such as Apigee, Azure API Gateway, Akana etc.)
- Message Queues
- Agile Development
- DevOps (Azure DevOps an advantage)
- Scripting tools
- Applications – Office365, Azure
- Expertise in the following is advantageous:
- Common transfer formats –REST, SOAP UI
- JMS, ActiveMQ Messaging
- Python, Ruby, NodeJS scripting
- Applications – Guidewire, Dynamics CRM
- Knowledge of development methodologies particularly Agile Development practices and be a clear advocate of a DevOps culture and a continuous delivery process and
- Excellent and proven stakeholder management, alongside a problem-solving solution orientated approach.
So, go on – apply now! Applications close - 5pm, Monday 25th January 2021.
Please note: no agency candidates will be accepted at this time.